Want to hike, but looking for a guide? Companions to hike with? New trails? Join one of the several groups that lead hikes in Hyalite Canyon.
Montana Wilderness Association has offered free, member-led excursions into some of Montana’s finest backcountry for 53 years. In fact, MWA will offer over 150 guided hikes across Montana this year. For more details and to sign up, go to the MWA website and look for “Wilderness Walks”.
- June 6: Palisade Falls Preschoolers & Parents Hike
- June 19: Celebrate Summer Solstice at Fox Meadows
- June 20: Family Hike to Grotto Falls
- August 2: Flanders Cirque
- August 15: Devil’s Backbone (extremely strenuous)
- Sept 19: History Rock to Fox Meadow
Women are welcome to join the Monday BWAGs (Bozeman Women’s Activity Group) on their scheduled hikes this summer. The BWAGS meet at Museum of the Rockies to car pool; no RSVP required. Hike descriptions are on the BWAG website. Their hikes in Hyalite for 2015 include:
- July 22: Crescent Lake to Window Rock Cabin
- August 10: Wild Horse to Maxey Cabin
- August 31: History Rock to Fox Meadow
Big Sky Hikers occasionally venture into Bozeman for hikes, too. They meet at the Big Sky Community Park to carpool. Meeting time for the hikes below is 8:30. Bring $2/person.
- July 23: History Rock
- July 30: Mt Blackmore
Bozeman Adventure Club usually hikes a couple times in Hyalite each summer, although no hikes in Hyalite have been announced yet.
Descriptions of some of these hikes are available on the Friends of Hyalite website under the Hiking tab.